Le Manoir Richelieu

In 1899, in an effort to meet the needs of a growing clientele, the Richelieu and Ontario Navigation Company built the Manoir Richelieu up on the cliff at Point-au-Pic, in the heart of Charlevoix County. Overlooking the estuary of the St. Lawrence River, the wooden hotel had 250 rooms and could accommodate 400 guests. After a fire totally destroyed the original, the hotel was rebuilt in 1928 by architect John S. Archibald. The property was completely renovated in 1999. Reminiscent of a French chateau, it is now a 5-star resort with 405 rooms and suites, an 18-hole golf course, and the Casino de Charlevoix.

Roof of the Casino